The International Peace Arch Association (IPAA) is a privately funded nonprofit organization dedicated to the heritage and preservation of the International Peace Arch and parks. TAX ID: 91-166720. The IPAA was formerly known as the United States Canada Peace Anniversary Association (USCPAA). Copyright 1998- 2019 International Peace Arch Association All Rights Reserved.
Rules of Entry
Peace Arch Park Brochure
May 1st - October 1st, 2019
The exhibition is outdoors. The criteria for selecting the art include: quality, durability, park appropriateness, and aesthetic appeal.
1. Open to all sculptors.
2. All works must be original outdoor sculptures.
3. A 33% commission will be taken on all sculptures sold during the exhibition.
4. All works must be in a suitable form of presentation. The organizers of the competition reserve the right to refuse any work not considered acceptable for presentation.
5. An entry may be a single object or set. Site specific works proposals are acceptable.
6. Artists or their agents are responsible for transportation of sculptures to and from Peace Arch Park. Artwork shall be delivered and picked up at designated dates and times. If accepted work is shipped to the park, the artist must pay all shipping, handling, and insurance costs both ways, (Further details will be provided following acceptance). Questions: call (360) 332-7165
7. Accepted artwork is to be delivered and installed in the park by the artist or by his/her representative at sites designated by park management. All entries must be accompanied by a diagram or description of the installation process. All sculptures must be secured for safety and security purposes (rebar & ready mix will be supplied by the International Peace Arch Association “IPAA” on artwork installation day).
8. During the exhibition period each accepted artwork will be insured by the IPAA.
9. The IPAA is not responsible for lost entries.
10. Works selected for the competition must remain in the exhibition until it closes (May 1st, 2019 to October 1st, 2019). No exceptions.
11. The International Artwork Selection Committee may reject any piece that differs markedly from the work depicted on the accepted digital images.
12. There is a $200 (US Funds) travel / shipping stipend for each accepted artist (reimbursement).
ARTWORK SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
International Peace Arch Association (IPAA)
Dedicated to the heritage and preservation of the Peace Arch and the International Park.
The International Peace Arch Association (IPAA) invites you to submit artwork(s) for consideration in our 2019 Peace Arch Park International Sculpture Exhibition (outdoor exhibit). You may submit your artwork for review by January 15th, 2019.
We are now selecting featured artwork in an ongoing basis, We are currently selecting works for the 2019 exhibition.
Peace Arch International Park is located on the US/Canada border between Blaine, Washington and Surrey, British Columbia. The 40 acre peace park that surrounds the Peace Arch is the location of this annual outdoor sculpture exhibition.
Each year, the park’s picturesque landscape and magnificent gardens host family gatherings, picnics, weddings, and annual events of international significance. Over 500,000 visitors tour this international historic site annually. The mission of the international fine arts program acts a catalyst in the development of international fine artists, while creating a greater awareness and appreciation of the Peace Arch and the International Park.
A self guided tour brochure featuring the exhibition and park history accompanies the six month long exhibit. Each year, the Peace Arch Park International Sculpture Exhibition is featured in a full color brochure that are distributed free to the public during the exhibition.
LOCATION: The international park is located on the US Canada boundary 100 miles from Seattle, WA, and 35 miles from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. The Peace Arch was dedicated in 1921 to celebrate the history of peace between the United States and Canada. Questions contact the exhibition coordinator at 360-332-7165!
Online Submission Form
Peace Arch State Park Winner of 5 Trip Adviser Certificates of Excellence!
Invitation to exhibit
1. Entries must arrive on or before 5 PM, on Wednesday, January 30th, 2019.
2. Each artist may submit up to three entries. Two detailed images per piece are acceptable, but not required.
3. Artists may include a single page resume and a 25 word or less narrative for each entry submitted.
4. All submissions must be three digital image files submitted online or on my mail on a CD. Digital Image Files: images must be JPG or PNG 4” x 6” and no greater than 200 resolution. Can be submitted by e-mail entry or CD. If you would like to submit by e-mail contact the IPAA
before sending. Be sure to write Peace Arch Park Exhibition Entry in your email’s subject box.
5. A nonrefundable entry fee of $10.00 per piece (U.S. funds) must accompany the entry form. Make checks payable to International Peace Arch Association. Mail to: IPAA, P.O. Box 2564 Blaine, Washington, 98231-2564 USA. Include your entry form!
6. Images of selected artwork will be held until the opening of the exhibition and may be used for publicity purposes. CD entry submission will NOT be returned to the artists.